Check out the clips of Rusty team rider Corey Howell ripping and shredding his way through Puerto Rico earlier this past year. Corey kicked 2013 off right and took off on a mission to find some fun and warm water waves in Puerto Rico. He found both as witnessed in the footage! Check it out and be sure to visit his team page here.
Check out the newly released kick off to Season 2 of the web series STOKE featuring Rusty team rider Corey Howell and friends shredding through Puerto Rico. The crew of adventurers included local rippers Marley Puglielli, Roger Torres and Carlos "Chispa" Andres trekking around Puerto scoring some perfect surf, and a night of fun in San Juan to see Deadmau5 live!
Be sure to click the like button and subscribe to see episode 2 due out soon!
Corey Howell dominating the NSSA winning the Open Men's, Explorer Men's, Explorer Juniors, College Men's and College Team. One could say Corey had a good weekend.
Keto took top honors in Junior Men's at Easterns with a first place podium. Corey took first place in Open Men's at Easterns and Keto came in second behind him. Damn yeah! Congrats boys!
For more please visit SURFLINE.com / Photos DUGAN / Edit LJeezy
Since the end of March, Corey been in 5 contests. The first two, DNA Jr. Pro and Surfing America Prime, didn't go as planned and he didn't make it to the finals. However, in NSSA East Coast Championships, Corey got my mind straight and he went for broke. Corey won the Explorer Jrs., placed 3rd in Open Men, and 4th in Open Jrs. The following weekend, he traveled to St. Augustine for ESA's Southeast Regionals where he won Jr. Men. Corey also won Ron Jon Easter Fest's Jr Pro division at Cocoa Beach Pier.
"I have to say, there's nothing like seeing your picture on ESM or an article on you in the newspaper after a good weekend of surfing" - Corey Howell
Nice work Corey. YEW!
Corey Howell took a 1st place win this weekend at the DNA JR PRO held in Melbourne Beach Florida. Noah Dovin also took first place in the menehunes division. This makes 3 straight wins for Corey Howell for the start of summer. Lets see if he can keep it going till NSSA Nationals.
Corey Howell won the Ron Jons Jr Pro held at the cocoa beach pier this weekend
Scoring a 10 during the preliminary rounds helped propel Melbourne's Corey Howell to the Junior Men's title, where he bested Daniel Calloway, Glenn and Eros Exarhou.
Howell, a 15-year-old student at Eau Gallie High School, was excited with both his high scores and his prize money.
"I saw the Daniel get a good wave and it was like, I had to do something big to when so I did an air reverse and I felt pretty good about that, so I definitely knew I was in contention," he said. "It feels great to win and, hey, you can't do wrong with $1,200."
This is Coreys 2nd Ron Jons Jr Pro title in a row! Corey will be back next year for a three peat!!!
THE 2011 EAST COAST CHAMPIONS!
2011 NSSA EAST COAST CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY NIKE 6.0
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, FLORIDA
NSSA EAST COAST OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Keto Burns-St Augustine, FL 12.87
2. Noah Schweizer-New Smyrna Beach, FL 12.47
3. Corey Howell-Melbourne, FL 10.93
4. Knox Harris-Ocean Isle Beach, NC 9.66
1. Daniel Glenn-New Smyrna Beach, FL 17.17
2. Noah Schweizer-New Smyrna Beach, FL 11.57
3. Knox Harris-Ocean Isle Beach, NC 10.47
4. Corey Howell-Melbourne, FL 10.44
EAST COAST EXPLORER CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Chris Tucker-Satellite Beach, FL 12.40 tiebreak
2. PJ Raia-Rumson, NJ 12.40 tiebreak
3. Michael Ciaramella-Stone Harbor, NJ 10.10
4. Dylan Kowalski-Wrightsville Beach, NC 9.17
5. Evan Barton-Wrightsville Beach, NC 8.61
6. Keto Burns-St. Augustine, FL 6.85
1. Corey Howell-Melbourne, FL 14.33
2. Noah Schweizer-New Smyrna Beach, FL 12.77
3. Austin Clouse-Ormond Beach, FL 11.34
4. Keto Burns-St. Augustine, FL 9.90
5. Eros Exarhou–Ormond Beach, FL 8.50
6. Dylan Kowalski-Wrightsville Beach, NC
1. Daniel Glenn-New Smyrna Beach 16.57
2. Mauricio Diaz-San Juan, PR 13.33
3. Luke Marks-Melbourne Beach, FL 9.93
4. Marley Peck-St. Augustine, FL 7.46
5. Tyler Faulkner-Carolina Beach, NC 6.03
6. Tristan Thompson-Jacksonville Beach, FL 4.98
EXPLORER SUPER GROMS
1. Stevie Pittman-Newport, NC 16.33
2. Tommy Coleman-Vero Beach, FL 10.03
3. Joey Putnall-Plant City, FL 7.17
4. Michael Vanaman- Sicklerville, NJ 5.73
5. Noah Dovin-Merritt Island, FL 5.33
6. Christian Daniels-Holmes Beach, FL 4.11
EAST COAST AIRSHOW CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Noah Schweizer-New Smyrna Beach, FL
2. Chris Tucker-Satellite Beach, FL
3. Keto Burns-St. Augustine, FL
4. Cam Richards-Garden City, SC
NSSA Nationals is a great time to be a grom...
What better way to amp up for a heat than a little Black Sabbath on Guitar Hero? What better way to rejuvenate after an exhausting paddle battle than an extra large shaved ice and fresh BBQ fish tacos? What beats a post heat massage?
The Rusty Groms got to enjoy the V.I.P. treatment. Jake Halstead, Keto Burns, Tayler Brothers, Mikey Ciarmella, Corey Howell, and Ian Garcia climbed the ranks of the NSSA to earn a spot in the coveted Nationals competition for a chance to duke it out with the next crop of (soon to be) World Title contenders...
The NSSA Nationals are under way at the coveted Trestles Beach in Southern California and the most talented surfers from across the country are in town to compete for the championship...
Amongst the elite crowd of up and coming surfers are Rusty's very own Corey Howell, Mikey Ciarmella, Ian Garcia, and Tayler Brothers. Although, the surf was a bit inconsistent, the sets provided for clean rippable walls and the groms went off! Ian Garcia was a stand out, taking first place in his heat!
The Playground: Trestles
Ian Garcia working it all the way to the beach...
Ian Garcia winning the heat
All Photos: Brody